OSHA Cabinet Guidelines
Osha Cabinet Guidelines help you with any safety storage questions you may have.
If you have a question and you can't find the answer here, fill out our questions form to let us know how we can help.
We'll provide you the answer in a timely manner and assist you by finding the right product for your storage needs.
If you have questions about products, give us a call at (+1) 772.646.0597 or request a price quote.
1. What application has to be stored?If you store flammable and/or hazardous liquids in a manufactory, facility, and industrial or commercial building, you have to follow the occupational safety and health administration's guidelines to avoid work related illnesses and injuries.
The following applications are required to be stored according to the OSHA guidelines and regulations:
Flammable and hazardous liquids like:
• Cans (yellow safety cabinet)
• Paint (red safety paint storage cabinet)
• Ink (red safety paint storage cabinet)
• Corrosives (blue safety corrosive storage cabinet)
• Pesticides (green pesticide storage safety cabinet)
• Drums (yellow flammable drum storage cabinet)
2. What is the required storage size?The storage size is measured in gallons. Determine what you have to store (small cans, big cans, drums) and their needed capacity in gallons. This will help you to find the most economical storage size for your safety cabinet needs.
3. Other things to look for
• Adjustable Shelves (depending on your can size)
• Special Powder Coating Finish (to avoid corrosion)
• Poly Shelf
• Bottom Trays